Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sorry it's been so long since my last post!


Wow, am I the worst blogger in the world, or what? :) I have thought about posting every day. But I have just been caught up in life and I haven’t found the time! The good news is that I AM creating Heaven on Earth, I really am. I am so incredibly happy and blessed that I have no complaints at all. Life is good. And in the process of this creation, I have acquired some insights. Hopefully these will inspire you if I share! :)

I have read over and over and over that by actually wanting something, you push it away. I understood the concept. The popular theory, the Law of Attraction, states that 'like attracts like' or more specifically like feelings are attracted to other like feelings. So if you feel happy then you attract more happy feelings. If you feel wealthy, you attract more wealth, etc. So it makes sense that if you WANT something, then you are feeling like you don’t have it – or else you wouldn’t WANT it! So you are feeling the lack of it or you are feeling the wanting of it, both of which are not having it. Right? I mean, I get it. But how to you get stuff you want if you can’t WANT it?? Wow, the tough questions!!

I guess I didn’t know the answer. I practiced lying to myself or trying to fool myself that I already had something I wanted. I can’t honestly report that this works – although I am not giving up on trying. I didn’t really like the idea of just not wanting it – because I obviously want it!!

I also practice appreciating all I have in hopes that I will attract more things that I appreciate. I think this may be effective because I sure do appreciate so much in my life and it seems like more and more appears in my life daily that I appreciate greatly.

But the insight I have found recently is slightly different, and I’m not entirely sure it is encouraging, EXCEPT that I may be gaining understanding of how to actually control/create my life! I have found recently that the things I want…the things that I remember at a very specific time thinking, “I really want…” but then I didn’t really think too much about it again. Or the things that I really wanted but I gave up on. Those things seem to magically appear!

Let me give you two examples. I remember standing in my bathroom and thinking for just a moment that I wish I had more friends to do things with when I don’t have my son. It was almost fleeting. I wasn’t stressed or upset about it. I just put a desire out there and I didn’t fight against it by worrying about it and attracting more worrying about it. And now, within the past two months, I have so many great friends that I can’t even find enough time for all of them! Hence, no blogging recently!

Secondly, I had decided that I was good alone. I've always felt like I didn’t need a partner to make me happy – and there is truth to that. But I was always looking and hoping, I guess. But one day I was just good with it, you know? I guess I was just at peace with where I am and I had no concern with being in a different place. Then, almost immediately, it was as if doors to love just opened up! It is almost like I literally had this force field holding away what I wanted until I didn’t want it anymore.

So I know this sounds discouraging because people don’t want to give up wanting what they want, but I’m going to offer the solution that I have found effective. (I have also read this countless times.) Have faith. Have enough faith in the Universe, in God (if you choose to use that word – I use the term God as in the All That Is, the Source of Everything). Trust in the creative process and in yourself (who is, in actuality, a piece of God). Have faith that this is how it all works. I think Jesus, and the Buddha, and other such masters, understood that we are all fragments of God, of the ultimate creative source. We were sent here to play and learn and make things! And if we just believed in our power, we’d create them a whole lot quicker, and we could move on to creating even greater things! So that is my advice of the day. As Jesus said, “Knock at the door and it shall be opened. Ask and you shall receive.” I’m not trying to preach here – I’m just saying maybe he was onto something! :) Put the desire out there and have faith you'll get it, and you will end up creating your Heaven on Earth!! You don't have to WANT what you already have -- and if you're faith in you (and my faith in me) was strong enough, we'd understand that just by asking for it, it is already given to us. We never have to want again! How is that for the beauty of the Universe?

No comments:

Post a Comment