Tuesday, February 23, 2010


I had a moment of clarity today. It was literally one moment. It lasted for mere seconds but luckily it felt so real, it stuck with me. It is going to sound entirely too simple. I know this. But it just may be the key -- the key to happiness, to peace.

So, as I walked into my classroom today, I realized that everything is perfect exactly as it is. It was a simple thought that hit me like an all-knowing anvil dropping from the sky. Now, I have heard this said before. Of course, I always thought it was crap. I even thought it was a copout for settling for the things in life that we don’t like. I didn’t want to hear it. I thought about what that meant for me. For example, “Oh, I can’t afford to go on vacation, but I should just be happy staying home. Or my relationship is irritating me but instead of fixing it, I should just accept it and ignore what I don’t like.” I was having no part of this philosophy, even though it was presented to me over and over again.

Today, clarity. (Oh please let me hold onto to this for more than a few hours!) I’m grappling for a way to explain this. It was as if my head was opened and information was dumped in, a sort of ‘knowing’ without words. So I am digging for my own.

If I relate this to my goals for the year it may help. So I said I wanted to find a romantic relationship. I still believe there are advantages to sharing your life with someone. But today, I realize it is just as perfect at this moment to share my life with – well, the people I’m sharing my life with right now. I realize that some things would change if I were to be in a romantic relationship. For one, I’d spend more time with that person. Well, right now, I feel like there already aren’t enough hours in the day for the time I want to get in with the people I care about. I am doing something all the time with my son, friends, and family. And I am having so much fun. The reality is that if I started a romantic relationship that would change somewhat. Now, this doesn’t mean I don’t WANT one, but it means why LOOK for one. I think if I am doing my thing, and I happen across someone I want to spend more time with, then I simply will. Why would I ever put thought toward NOT having a romantic relationship when if I just focus on right NOW, everything is perfect? Oh, the power of NOW!!

I want a lot of money. Well, so if I had a lot of money, I probably wouldn’t have gone to work today. If I hadn’t gone to work, I wouldn’t have seen my students. And every day I learn from them, I laugh with them. This day would be different. And why not just love it for what it is. And just what if I actually said something that stuck with them – that helped them! :-) Ha ha! They would’ve missed out on that experience. Today is perfect.

I think the key is to put the intentions out there; visualize something you want; expect to get it; know you are the ultimate creator of your life – know that you even control the outside influences; and then just let it go. Have faith that it works – you desire it and because the Universe is so brilliantly designed, everything aligns and it comes to you. And then just smile at how things are, because they really are perfect. You are learning from something right now. You are influencing someone. You are changing. Even the hard things are gifts. Nothing is wrong – even if you perceive it as wrong right now, but you are learning appreciation from it. All of it is perfect. It really is. It really, truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment