Monday, February 8, 2010


I’m sorry I haven’t posted in a few days. Sometimes life happens and I get caught up! :)

So, today I’d like to talk about how I see good in everyone. I believe this ties into my spiritual connection from within. I am trying to be honest with myself and throwing all sorts of scenarios around in my head, so I can admit it if I just see good in some people and not others. But, I think that in this area, I have grown considerably in the last few years, and I can honestly say that I see good in everyone. It isn’t as though I can’t see when someone is acting “bad” or “mean” or any of those negative terms we use. I can see it, but still, when I look at the person, I still see good. It sounds so simple to say, but I think this is monumental really.

Also, so often throughout my day, I watch people and I see beauty. The waiter, the cashier, the mechanic, the librarian… I really do see beauty in all of them. I was at the ATM the other day. I was behind this old pickup truck. This woman got out of the passenger door. She had on an old flannel shirt and faded blue jeans. I don’t think she spent much, if any, time looking in the mirror before she left the house. I watched her and I thought she was so beautiful. And I wanted to tell her, but I was in my car, and I realized she may think that I was being insincere. I realized that perhaps I could see more beauty in her than she could see herself. Maybe not. I hope not. I know it sounds too corny to be true, and it isn’t that way 100% of the time, but most of the time, it is true, I see the beauty in all things, especially living things, most especially people.

I’m going to elaborate more on this tomorrow; how my desire to tap into some spiritual guidance from within coincided with seeing beauty in people. I think I’m very slowly coming to the understanding that we are all one. That is so hard to wrap your brain around at first, I think. But maybe when you are getting closer to conceptualizing this, you see beauty in everyone, because you know they are also you. When I think about this for a while, it feels like my brain is tangled in knots! But perhaps the very fabric of our natures, of who we are and what we come from, is all connected. Perhaps we are all ONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment