Saturday, January 23, 2010

Goal Number One


So, I was starting today with listing my goals for the year. I wonder if this is easy for some people. I keep thinking, “I know this process really works – visualizing from within – but I might just be really horrible at it, and what if I fail miserably in the public eye?” How’s that for a dose of positive attitude!

I’m goin’ in! I’m doin’ this! I feel like I’m at the top of a waterfall and it is time to jump! Cowabunga Dude! (Did I just quote a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?)

Goal #1
I want to create a lot of money, ideally, by winning the lottery.
Now before you say, “No sh*t!” I want to clarify myself on this point. Sure, I’d like the freedom, options, and opportunities that come with a lot of money. But I have different fueling factors behind wanting to win the lottery. I chose this method of attaining lots of money by the sheer recognition I would get. Let me explain. What does NEARLY EVERYONE say? “If I won the lottery, I would…” Almost everyone dreams of this, fantasizes about this, considers this. Now, just what if – what if I set my mind, my meditations, my visions to winning the lottery and I do it. Sure, there will be a handful of people who will call that coincidence, but maybe many other people will consider that I really made it happen! Even if I only inspired one person to dream bigger, reach higher, try for more --- I would feel successful! I just envision me on the cover of my book How I Won the Lottery (or something catchier than that with the same meaning!). How many people do you think might crack that book open? And ultimately, they may become empowered. They may remember their natural-given abilities to create. They may TRY and succeed. THIS is my dream! THIS fuels me more than anything, ever. I envision a world where everyone dreams of their ideal life and actually does the “mental” work to get it done.

And actually, no one really needs to win the lottery if they knew they could just set their mind on the thing they plan on getting with the lottery. And imagine the competition you’d have once my book went on the national bestseller list!! You’d have to be the best focuser over everyone playing the lottery – and what are the odds?? :) But let’s say you just focus on what you want to gain from winning the lottery. No one wants just the paper with the matching numbers, they want the something they think they can have after that! So what is that? And focus on that! You want to win the lottery so you can see all the World Wonders? So just picture you at those places. Or you want the lottery so you can buy your dream home and dream car? – so just picture yourself with those.

And actually, I think if you play it out in your mind, as I have countless times, and you think about what happens after you have your winning lottery ticket. I think you’ll find after you buy some things and see some places, you’ll eventually get back to trying to figure out what you can do with yourself that you LOVE. Maybe you want to start a magazine or open a bridal shop or open a bakery, because you LOVE doing that thing. It excites you. It doesn’t feel like work! You are ultimately going to come back to figuring out what you want to do with yourself that is fulfilling and gratifying for you. Sure, I guess there would be those people that just spend crazy amounts of money on anything and don’t really consider spending their money on a grander personal purpose – and we’ve seen those people on TV, Won the Lottery; Now Bankrupt! (Please forgive me if this happened to you and it wasn’t your circumstance.) But ultimately, the lottery really boils down to choices and freedom. And what if we knew we had that without winning the lottery. What if we understood that this was our God-given ability – to create anything and everything we can possibly imagine and hold our thoughts on? I hope I prove this to you. Because, you see, I feel that my grander purpose is to teach and to inspire. And hopefully, if you know me, you already know this!

And even though I shared with you that I want to win the lottery. I understand that I will have achieved my goal if I have freedom, options, and opportunities at the end of this year, because those things come in other forms than just a little ticket with numbers matching the numbers of the balls. But more importantly, I will have won the lottery if someone out there follows me through this year, sees how I created a life I love, and gains a little better understanding that we all decide, we all create, we all get to choose our own ideal reality – and if we believe, expect and keep an eye on the prize, we get it!

Tomorrow, more goals! Yep, I have more!

No comments:

Post a Comment