Friday, January 22, 2010

What do YOU want??


Creating My Ideal Life or My Own Heaven on Earth

When I was first introduced to the idea that my thoughts become my life, or for short, Thoughts Become Things (thank you for Mike Dooley’s catchy phrase, short and to the point!), I wondered what sort of life would I like to have – so I could get started thinking about it! But once I was over denying I would produce some of the crap that was, in fact, a part of my reality; and once I could sort of see how my current thoughts led me to my current situation, THEN I was excited at the prospect of creating something GREAT!

But what??

Before we talk about MY ideal life, I would like you to consider for a minute that I may be right – and all the people studying quantum physics, countless spiritual teachers since recorded history, and many, many others may be onto something! Our lives are exact creations of our thoughts, expectations, beliefs, fantasies, fears – anything we focus on and feel strongly about. (And unfortunately, it works both ways; you get what you think about whether you think about what you want or if you think about what you don’t want.) So once you roll this idea around in your head for a little bit, what do you want to focus on? What do you want to think about, and get excited about, until it’s sitting right in front of you? Maybe you should try this with me!

I’m sure some people have absolutely no idea what their ideal life looks like! I’d say many people haven’t even considered it. This may be because they don’t think a perfect life is a real option, or they can’t see the “hows”, so they don’t bother with the imagining. Some people may not feel like they deserve it or they are worthy of it. Some people simply can’t make up their mind for long enough to actually produce something! I’m sure there are countless reasons why people haven’t thought about what their “Heaven on Earth” looks like.

Yeah, maybe you should go on this journey with me! You produce your ideal life and I’ll produce mine, and we’ll be the “evidence” that others need so that they’ll try it for themselves!

My goal was originally to share my journey with you – as I produce what I want or as I produce what I don’t want (if I think about what I don’t want more than I think about on what I want!!). My goal was to document here what I create, good, bad, ugly, or spectacular! I wanted this form of communication to be my fuel to keep my thoughts focused on what I want and not the other mindless chatter that fills most of my waking hours. But, I realize that this very medium can serve my larger purpose, which is to remind people that they have control of their lives. My overall life goal is to empower people through example that they can live remarkable lives, even though starting this blog was just to give me some motivation to tackle the smaller goal of focusing! So maybe I’ll kill two goals with one blog! :)

Ummm, anyway, I guess I’m going to have to share what my Heaven on Earth looks like, so you can know if I create it or not. Eeeek, this is a little scary! Once I say it, I’m gonna need some proof for my pudding, so to speak!! My biggest fear is that I will sound all gung ho and focused during the blog, but all the other hours of the day I won’t be focused on what I want at all. Then I’ll have to be honest when at the end of this year, I either have nothing I said I wanted, or even worse, I have the opposite of that! That is my worst fear! Like for example, I could say I want a new car and end up trading my old one for a bike! I don’t really want a new car, I’m just sayin’!! Once I put the goals out there – I feel like I can’t just skate by anymore. My life is fine. It’s actually mostly good. But I want it to be EXCEPTIONAL! Don’t we all? Sometimes we set it so far on the back burner that we can’t even remember when we had dreams of being spectacular, but I think it is all down there inside of all of us. And, although I am getting’ younger :) , I might as well get on with being something great!

So, tomorrow, confessing goals! You think of yours tonight too! We have focusing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment