Wednesday, January 27, 2010


I wanted to do a little reflection today since I have nearly been at this for a month. I haven’t been blogging for a month, but I have been in the “mindset” of creating what I want for a month. I gotta say, stopping the constant mindless chatter in my head (over, quite often, irrelevant, pointless nonsense) is proving to be a little challenging!! I catch myself several times throughout the day thinking, “Why, why am I thinking about this!? Somebody STOP me!!”

And, furthermore, I have recently been caught up in more drama than I can ever remember being caught in before! Now, I am a story teller. By that I mean, I can retell a story (which I always do) and so people think there is always something exciting happening to me. But in truth, my life seems to be pretty even keeled. I mean, I seem to always be in the same mood. I tend to be pretty happy all the time. On the low end of the scale, I am content. And all of the sudden, I am surrounded by people and situations and I feel like I am riding Disney’s Space Mountain (you know the crazy a*s rollercoaster in the DARK!)

I found it kind of fun, at first. I mean, this is living right? If it stings, you can feel it! And it isn’t as if it is permanent damage. It is more like bungee jumping (without the actual risk of dying if your cord is too long). I would just be in a conversation, and it was as if I had bungee jumped off a bridge! I would get a rush of adrenalin, I felt fear, and even wanted to scream. And in the next minute, I would shake it off and almost want to do it again!

I recognize I was attracting the drama and choosing to engage. And if you think about it, I imagine that is why we are HERE. If you operate under the assumption, as I do, that we are here to engage in the drama of this plane of matter, so that we can learn, evolve, and grow, well then, I say, LET’S DO IT! And I found it fun for a minute. But then I realized that this is actually how some people live most of the time! Really, they don’t unhook the bungee cord from their ankles. As near as I can tell, they just keep on jumpin’ all the time! Well, EEEEK! I need some stable ground and a cup of coffee!

Anyway, my words of wisdom for the day, “I doubt you can create your ideal situation when you are flying through the air screaming.” So, ride the drama train for a minute or two, ‘cause its fun. But then, GET OFF! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this post and I completely know what you mean. I've been working on that letting that cord go :) And a huge congratulations on starting your blog!! You are a wonderful writer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete